Friday, March 18, 2016

Update!

Evidently, it's been a long time since I made this list, but as I was reminiscing, I realized I've actually accomplished a lot of the things I hadn't accomplished :P  (I'll add notes for those that I hadn't written about just below the new ones.  Pictures to come!)




1. Slow dance in the rain

2. Read the Bible

3. Serve a full-time mission 
UTSLCTMSQ Mission!  Simply the best :)

4. Drink a virgin piƱa colada in the rain

5. Build a snow fort

6. Read Romeo and Juliet

7. Go without facebook for 2 weeks (not included in mission time or internet-less time)

8. Share testimony with someone every fast Sunday for a year
I may have cheated, but I wrote it in my journal for my whole mission... for my future posterity, you know?

9. Do a complete fast 3 times in a row (24 hours, prayer, offering) (0/3)

10. Watch all three LoTR extended editions back to back

11. Climb 5 new trees

12. Give up the internet for 2 weeks (not included in mission time)


13. Sing in a group of less than 8 in public

14. Attend a session at the Salt Lake Temple
A few times actually ;) on the mission! God is awesome that way :) 

15. 12 days of Christmas someone

16. Full out decorate for Halloween
It's happened a couple times, but I think our Trunk or Treat was the best! 

17. Go camping with friends

18. Start and contribute monthly to a personal travel fund

19. Take a photography class

20. Take a mechanics course

21. Go snow shoeing

22. Go paintballing with a sling shot

23. Attend the family camping trip
It may have been the last one... but I'm hopeful we'll have more ;) 

24. Have “coffee” or a meal with a friend from elementary school

25. Get recertified for first aid
I did it, but now I need to do it again :/

26. Get a pet

27. Learn to be fluent in a new language

28. Pay for the person behind me at a Timmy Ho’s drive thru

29. Fly a kite

30. Learn to golf
Thank you Connor!! the BEST golf teacher ever! Apparently I have some natural skills ;p 

31. Play through an RPG

32. Have three friends attend the Calgary Temple open house (0/3)
I assume more than that went, but I'm pretty sure of 1... and I think her parents went too :)

33. Accept falling in love
It's not as bad as it sometimes seems

34. Be vegetarian for a week each summer (0/3)

35. Write and send a letter once a week (x/143)

36. Take a tap or Irish dance class
Took ballet for a year! :D but... not these dances... yet ;)

37. Go on one of those crazy and pay for me rides (slingshot, bungee jumping or something)

38. Get my graduated driver’s license

39. Dress up as a famous group that goes together for Halloween

40. Not eat junk food for a month

41. Learn to play soccer properly

42. Go up the Calgary tower

43. Sew myself a dress

44. Go on a “date” with each of my direct family members (4/5)

45. Get myself drawn as an anime

46. Bring 3 names to the temple (1/3)

47. Wave to everyone I make eye contact with while driving on a road trip

48. Cook and host a more formal dinner with family and close friends

49. Have two jobs at once

50. Drive outside of Canada

51. Swim under the stars

52. Learn to play and be able to sing along to a song on guitar

53. Go to sleep before midnight for two consecutive weeks (also not included in mission time)

54. Bike on a highway

55. Go running for 30 minutes weekday mornings for 2 weeks
I didn't do this outside the mission, but I became almost an addict to running on the mission.  I have since recovered, but need to get into it again :)

56. Successfully make aji de gallina

57. Have a sleepover with all my cousins on my mom’s side

58. Wash dishes without being asked once a week for two months

59. Write 101 reasons why I love each of my siblings
They each got a list for their birthday while I was on my mission :) 

60. Catch a fish

61. Watch the three High School Musicals back to back and sing along to every song

62. Read Jesus the Christ


63. Invite a friend to take the discussions

64. Go carolling twice a winter season (1/3)

65. Get Anne of Green Gables I & II
On sale at Costco! :D


66. Learn to belay
Took a class to go on a date ;) 

67. Eat tofurkey

68. Make tamales

69. Read the Book of Mormon in Russian

70. Go canoeing in a row boat in the moonlight

71. Watch a sunset and a sunrise within 24 hours

72. Write something in my journal every day for a month

73. Go to Utah for conference
 I've actually done this a couple times now... my first October when I got back I went down with my parents and grandparents :) then again April 2015 with my best friend and roommate (same person :) ) AND I get to go again this next month! :D 

74. Read Preach My Gospel
Best idea on the misson! Even though I wasn't learning a new language... I learned to speak to my companions better :)


75. Learn to, and make alfajores on my own for someone else

76. Learn to, and make crema volteada

77. Practice piano every day for 3 weeks

78. Acquire a brass instrument for myself

79. Attend a play


80. Attend a local group’s concert

81. Shovel someone’s walk anonymously
I reckon they might've noticed by the matching shovel marks next door, but maybe not? :) 



82. Get rubber boots

83. Learn to skate properly

84. Go winter camping

85. Make meals that don’t involve rice for five days in a row

86. Drink the eight cups of water a day for a week

87. Use each of the EFY Gospel Lessons DVDs in a lesson (0/3)

88. Read 20 books over a summer (6/20)

89. Pixie someone
When I got home from my mission I made some great friends from smaller towns in Southern Alberta, and apparently, they do this a lot for fun ;p 



 

90. Learn the marinera

91. Know all 100 scripture mastery references (31/100)

92. Do my visiting teaching in the first week of the month

93. Be in three places at once

94. Learn to apply eye make up properly

95. Give out 3 Books of Mormon (1/3)

96. Give 5 compliments a day for a week

97. Learn to play harmonica

98. Learn to juggle consistently


99. Make a list of songs that remind me of each of my siblings

100. Clean each of my parents’ communal living areas (kitchen, living room, stairs, entrance) without them asking (1/2)

101. Document the fulfilling of this list with pictures and short notes

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! It sounds like you have had a lot of fun since your return home! I love you kiddo.

    ReplyDelete