Thursday, February 25, 2010

6. Read Romeo and Juliet


I've now officially read Romeo and Juliet.  Somehow I skipped that in High School... and I know I wasn't missing much, but it's a classic... and one I wanted to read for a while... just cuz of all the frequentlly quoted text from it. :)  It's actually not half shabby I say :)  Anyone may oppose.  It's just my opinion.

By the way, the two books... I started with the Oxford Shakespeare one, and I was doing ok, but I found when they had their monologues, sometimes I'd lose interest, usually because of a lack of understanding, so when I realized my uncle had a version that had both the "original" text (I learned in the Oxford that apparently there was no original script, theirs was devised from what people said, wrote down, transcribed, etc.) and a modernized verision on the adjacent page.  It was great cuz I didn't have to read the lame modern version, I just had it there for those random inexplicable figures of speech.

1 comment:

  1. good for you! I somehow skipped Romeo and Juliet too, so this would probably be a good goal for me if I were to do a 101 in 1001.

    ReplyDelete