Friday, January 22, 2010

Works in progress

It's weird... but somehow I feel I'm not making any big dents in this list!!! so... I thought I'd write out what I'm working on... and then some I think I'll try soon :)

2. Read the Bible
I've started! in french...? I don't know... it has a different ring to it... so I'm excited! :)

3. Serve a full-time mission
I can't send my papers 'til I get a job!!! :( but I trust the Lord will provide if I keep looking! :)

6. Read Romeo and Juliet
I took out The Oxford Shakespeare - The Complete Works, Second Edition from the library, so I've started reading!! =D... and kinda hope I can make the time for a few other plays! :)

8. Share testimony with someone every fast Sunday for a year
Well... I have! though I tend to just get up and share it with everyone in the congregation or in Relief Society cuz well... I don't know... I guess I'm just not looking hard enough for others to share with

11. Climb five new trees
I'm up to two

12. Give up the internet for two weeks
I did a week! and then I caved cuz I really need a job... so I'm still not sure if I'll just do one more week later or a full two...

31. Play through an RPG
The lack of work has led to lunacy... I'm working on Kingdom Hears ;p

35. Write and send a letter a week
There have been weeks where I write up to three... and I am gunna say they count for the few weeks I haven't written

40.  Not eat junk food for a month
My mom wants to lose some weight, so after the birthday rush, we're gunna do it! She wants to go for two months...

43. Sew myself a dress
Fabric has been found... and the skirt type I want too... so now I just have to make a pattern... or pick a different dress! but! I think I want it done for sweethearts :)

49. Have two jobs at once
So... it seems I have no job right now... but! in fact I do! I just don't get ANY hours! so... once I find a job that gives me hours, I'll technically have two jobs

52. Learn to play and be able to sing along to a song on guitar
I have found a cute song with just two chords! ... so I'm working on lyrics, and being able to switch between the two chords with ease :p

53. Go to sleep before midnight for two consecutive weeks
I've tried this one and failed too many times... but I'll get it...

56. Successfully make aji de gallina
My grandma taught me how, and I've already forgotten, but we're making it again tomorrow, so I'll take notes this time! :p and then! I plan my peruvian party! =D

64. Go carolling twice a winter season
I went this winter! :) 5 times at school! and then once actually out and about :)

72. Write something in my journal every day for a month
Day 11! :D

74. Read Preach My Gospel
Got me a copy! so I started! :D

77. Practice piano every day for 3 weeks
12 days left! I hope my siblings don't go insane :p

80. Attend a local group’s concert
15 Miles is amazing... heard I think... most of their originals... can't wait for the next gig!

83. Learn to skate properly
I'm not taking lessons or anything... but I've been out to the rink now! :) and doing better than I remembered! so... it'll get there! :)

94. Learn to apply eye make up properly
Once again... not taking lessons, but I've been experimenting! and there's deffinately been progress! :) wanna try a few more things before I can say I've got it! :)

95. Give out 3 Books of Mormon
1/3

99. Make a list of songs that remind me of each of my siblings
I've started playlists in Media Player for 'em :)

101. Document the fulfilling of this list with pictures and short notes
Well you've seen 'em!! :D

There's also plans being stewed about having a friends camping trip next month where we'd snow shoe and ice fish! ... I really hope it happens! =D

Oh! and I'm almost certain the temple won't be dedicated before my return! *thumbs up!!*

Oh wow... k! so... apparently I am getting more done than I remember! :)  That's pretty encouraging! =D

2 comments:

  1. yay for getting stuff done!
    If you ever want any skating tips, I'm no expert but I did teach can-skate for a couple years and skated myself for 6. Or if you just want someone to skate with.. I'd be so down! It's been liiiike, 4 years since I've been on the ice but I think I've still got it. PLUS, "ice skate" is on my list. Let me know when you're going next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!!! I was thinking maybe Tuesday night? ... or we could go pre-choir Wednesday?... there's a rink at the community centre down the alley here :)

    ReplyDelete