Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random Quizzy Thing... that really doesn't have much to do with my 101...

A friend of mine recently started her own blog, and the first entry was kinda a review of the past year, so here's mine :)

1. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?


... I generally don't have set resolutions... and I think my only resolution is to get most of my 101 done before my mission! :) ... no real resolutions
2. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I think Trina and Kailey both had their kids this year! =D

3. Did anyone close to you die?

... I hate to say that we weren't as close as I had hoped we would be... so I don't know if it counts! but she was a great friend <3 RIP Leita...  (PS- if anyone can tell me how to get to her grave, that'd be greatly appreciated)

4. What countries did you visit?

Just Canada! :) and what a LOVELY country! =D

5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Savings

6. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why?

Haha! I'm such a goose... I defs thought of like... going on dates! so... here goes those! =D
1) The Temple mis-date Date! 
2) The Giant Group Date
3) The Preference Date
4) The Fried Rice Date
5) The Fall Ball Date
I think that migh actually be all the dates I went on this year :p ... they were all pretty memorable :) <3 thanks!

7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I think I'm pretty happy with having lived on my own and basically payed for just about everything (except the food and couple months of rent my parents helped me out with) on my own (and yeah... I accumulated a lot of debt =/ )

8. What was your biggest failure?

Not putting at least 90% into my efforts for my student teaching.  I could just feel myself slacking =/ I put A LOT into it... but it never seemed to be enough...

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?

a little illness... (nothing major... just your regular stress cold I think) no injuries :)

10. What was the best thing someone bought you?

oh... umm... I don't know... The Christmas Mug I got from one of my students! it's my first teacher mug! :)
11. Where did most of your money go?
Tuition!!!

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to Québec!!! and starting my papers, so also blood tests ;p !!! =D

13. What song will always remind you of 2009?

This is it - Michael Jackson

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? about the same...

b) fatter or skinnier? umm... about the same... maybe a tiny bit skinnier cuz I didn't eat so much this time around living with my dad :p

c) richer or poorer? deffinately poorer...

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Saving... or working...

16. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Slacking

17. Did you fall in love in 2009?

umm... not sure... so I guess not? ... unless you count falling in love with Québec City all over again.

18. What was your favorite TV program?

At the beginning of the year I followed four shows: Legend of the Seeker (which apparently has a season two! w00t!), One Tree Hill (unfortunately I got addicted...), Supernatural (but only in the day time :p) and Big Bang!! but... I unfortunately fell into the evil that is Heroes near the end of the year... so it took over all! though I still follow the others :p

19. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I wouldn't say hate... but there's a couple people I can think of that I'm not as fond of anymore...?

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?

umm... David Archuleta :)

21. What was your favorite film of this year?

Up! :) or... High School Musical 3  <3

22. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

I reached 20 this past year! and I was away from all my family! and only had one good friend... the only one who wished me a happy birthday that day (in person) and the only person who handed me a gift that day too... (she got me a Cowboys Fringants CD!!! =D) :p though! I did get a package in the mail the Friday before (it was a Sunday, which kinda added to the lameness cuz I was at church! and even my missionary buds forgot!!)! and then like... a month or so later I got a package from my aunt!! =D PLUS!!! Carnaval started that weekend!!! which is the best present I could ever not even have to ask for! :) so... although it was kinda a lame day... it was an all around good time too :)

23. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

umm... being able to hang out with my bff+e much more pre-mission... or having enough money to be able to leave on my mission immediately...

24. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

... fashion? ... ok! umm... try things people would pick out... and give it a chance :) ?

25. What kept you sane?

The wind and music

26. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

umm...... none? I honestly can't think of anyone... oh! Maybe Taylor Swift... but I also hate her... cuz she's got it all ;p

27. Who do you miss?

Jon, and now my L-town friends... and Miki!! and pops a bit... ;p and Jon's parents!! and the QUÉBÉCOIS! both legit and adopted :) <3

28. Who was the best new person you met?

Oh man... Bernz!!! My Aussi Twin!!! followed very closely by Jon's mom, Claudia, Lisa, JCam, JStory, Noyce and Bravery!

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:

Surrounding yourself with good people and intentions makes life easier and feel more worthwhile. (or something like that... )

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It was my blog you got this off of! Yay! ^_^ And I in turn got it off someone else's blog who got it off another blog...

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete